We recently asked a selection of our members to submit a player profile which included a series of questions about themselves and the club. One of those questions was - 'What do you love the most about Chads?'
Here are 10 of the answers we received showing exactly why there is no point joining any other club in the area but Chads!
- It's different to other cricket clubs...one family that isn't afraid of letting cricket get in the way of a night out. Also the fact we sledge each other more than the opposition during game.
- The people and its welcoming atmosphere. I have made some great friends at the club over the years.
- Its inclusivity. Many members should be institutionalised but St Chad's offers them a home.
- The people.....its the friendliest club I've ever been involved with or known. The sense of togetherness (especially on tours) is something you just don't get elsewhere.
- Chads is like a family you've never had.
- I suppose the variety of individuals who play for the club. No matter what your background, education or occupation is, everyone gets on so well. Also, the long list of tour stories!
- It's a very open, friendly club, with no divide between the teams - everyone can have great fun catching up after the games. I also enjoy all the random and ridiculous conversations that go on throughout a Saturday afternoon.
- There's no single part that I love the most, I love it all.
- Just the people. Chads really is one big family. Such great camaraderie between all members of any team, and a great welcoming atmosphere for any newcomer.
- The Chad has been part of my happy life for 30 years. How could I not love it?
.....and not to mention the beautiful setting of our ground, our consistent on field success (21 trophies in the last 11 seasons) and our 15 senior and junior teams, playing both at the weekend and midweek!
Now you have decided to join us, please contact Paul on 07795 154444 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.